Sunday, April 10, 2011

End of the Week Recap

Never a good day when you run over $2,000 below EV. While I was due for a run-bad correction, it never feels good to know that your net worth is 2k below where it should be if you had just run normal. One silver lining is that I played almost 9,000 hands today and it felt like I barely played. This is good as it means I am getting accustomed to long sessions and playing a large amount of hands. At the beginning of my SNE chase, 9,000 hands felt like a marathon.

For the week, I played 50,000 hands and made 28,500 VPP's. Despite dropping a couple g's today, I still managed to make an OK profit on the week. Next week my bonuses hit so that will be nice. I am 19.5% of the way to SNE and very happy with my first month of progress.

After playing 6-max almost exclusively for the last week, I have decided going forward I need to mix in 9-max to increase my profit. Today is a great example of what can happen if I stick with the low win-rate of 6-max. One day of this is fine, but what happens when this goes on for 5 days in a row, 10 days, 15 days etc. Luck has no memory and I am just as likely tomorrow to run 2k below as I am to run 2k above. I don't want to go back to full-ring exclusively so I am going to sandwich "short" 2,000 hands sessions of 6-max around 1 long session of full-ring. If I can't get 24 full-ring tables running, I will mix in some 6-max. My hope is that the higher winrate of full-ring will minimize the luck factor involved in 6-max. I also miss being on top of the profit leaderboards everyday with my full-ring play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment